Thu, Sep 09|
Grades 2-5 Smyrna Elementary ASP Yoga Club $210
Ages 7 to 12 will enjoy yoga classes specifically crafted for their age group. They will bounce, balance, breathe, pose, pounce, and practice peace!
Time & Location
Sep 09, 2021, 3:45 PM – Dec 09, 2021, 4:45 PM
Smyrna, 1099 Fleming St, Smyrna, GA 30080, USA
About the event
Smyrna Elementary's Second to Fifth Graders will sit peacefully, breathe, dance around, balance, bounce, focus, giggle, jog, impersonate animals, practice yoga poses, and rest after a long school day.
This is a recurring event at Smyrna Elementary School, at the After School Program.
This is the registration for grades 2-5 , from 3:45 to 4:45 on Thursdays.
(The yoga class for grades K-1 is 3:15 to 3:45 pm on Thursdays., and the registration is separate.)
Why yoga for young people? Research has shown the following benefits of yoga for children:
- Builds a foundation for healthy exercise habits
- Helps children relax, unwind, and calm themselves
- Improves behaviors, resulting in fewer discipline problems
- Teaches anger control
- Invites a calm atmosphere
- Opportunity for discovery and fun
- Improves moter development on both sides of the body
- Increases muscle strength
- Relieves stress and anxiety
- Builds concentration, focus, memory, and attention
- Offers lifelong stress management tools
- Builds a feeling of well-being and a respect for others
- Strengthens the mind-body connection
- Boosts self esteem and confidence
- Helps develop a positive body image
- Fosters creativity and imagination
- Encourages awareness of breath
- Refines balance, dexterity, coordination, and flexibility
*Each class will have a theme, such as Gratitude, Non-Violence, Truthfulness, Self-discipline.
*Masks, social distancing, sanitation, and the CDC and Cobb Douglas Public Health recommended Covid-19 safety protocols will be followed whenever possible.
SES ASP Grades 2-5 Yoga Club
+$5.25 service fee
3:45 to 4:45, Thursdays
+$5.25 service fee0