Grades 2-5 Smyrna Elementary ASP Yoga Club $210
Time & Location
About the event
Smyrna Elementary's Second to Fifth Graders will sit peacefully, breathe, dance around, balance, bounce, focus, giggle, jog, impersonate animals, practice yoga poses, and rest after a long school day.
This is a recurring event at Smyrna Elementary School, at the After School Program.
This is the registration for grades 2-5 , from 3:45 to 4:45 on Thursdays.
(The yoga class for grades K-1 is 3:15 to 3:45 pm on Thursdays., and the registration is separate.)
Why yoga for young people? Research has shown the following benefits of yoga for children:
- Builds a foundation for healthy exercise habits
- Helps children relax, unwind, and calm themselves
- Improves behaviors, resulting in fewer discipline problems
- Teaches anger control
- Invites a calm atmosphere
- Opportunity for discovery and fun
- Improves moter development on both sides of the body
- Increases muscle strength
- Relieves stress and anxiety
- Builds concentration, focus, memory, and attention
- Offers lifelong stress management tools
- Builds a feeling of well-being and a respect for others
- Strengthens the mind-body connection
- Boosts self esteem and confidence
- Helps develop a positive body image
- Fosters creativity and imagination
- Encourages awareness of breath
- Refines balance, dexterity, coordination, and flexibility
*Each class will have a theme, such as Gratitude, Non-Violence, Truthfulness, Self-discipline.
*Masks, social distancing, sanitation, and the CDC and Cobb Douglas Public Health recommended Covid-19 safety protocols will be followed whenever possible.
- SES ASP Grades 2-5 Yoga Club$210+$5.25 Service fee$210+$5.25 Service fee0$0